04 noviembre 2012

ARC Ever After by Kim Harrison


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


The ever after, the demonic realm that parallels the human world, is shrinking. If it disappears completely, so does all magic. It's up to witch-turned-daywalking-demon Rachel Morgan to avert catastrophe and keep life from changing... for the worse.

While saving the world is important, it isn't Rachel's only motivation. There's also the small fact that she caused the ley line to rip in the first place, setting off a chain reaction of unfortunate events. That little mistake has made her life forfeit unless she can fix it. It's also made her more than a few enemies, including the most powerful demon in the ever after—a terrifying entity who eats souls and now has an insatiable appetite for her. He's already kidnapped her friend and goddaughter to lure her out, and if Rachel doesn't give herself up soon, they'll die.

But Rachel has more than a few impressive and frighening skillls of her own, and she isn't going to hand over her soul and her life without one hell of a fight. She's also got a surpise: elven tycoon Trent Kalamack. With this unlikely ally beside her—a prospect both thrilling and unnerving—she's going to return to the ever after, kick some demon butt, rescue her loved ones... and prevent an apocalypse before it's too late. Or, at least that's the plan...

Hardcover, 512 pages
Expected publication: January 22nd 2013 by Harper Voyager

Read chapter one
Read chapter two

I get an ARC and just now I finished the book.
Its truly an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G book!!!
For me, the best in all the series. I love Pale Demon, but Ever After is  like 1 million times better. Its all action.

Once I started reading it, I couldn't stop! I was so obsessed that it was not funny XD, I couldn focus at work, and I found myself reading it while I cook, sleeping 4 hours the last 3 nights because I couldnt put it down...Is addictive!!

I don't know how I will manage a review without spoilers, but I will try ;)

Ever After is like a good coffe: dark, rich, tasty, and it will make your heart beat fast.
Rachel is all the book from bad to worse, until she is almost hopless. It has been hard to see her like that, and to discover the very sad surprise that Kim had for us :(   It changes the things completly for the next book.

In EA we discovered how the demonds  look  like, a few secrets about Al (you will feel that you wanna hug him, he does have feelings, poor little) and Trent (he is the best!), and we will see a litte more Newt. I Like her too, she helps Rachel and Al when they need it the most.

I think  is pretty clear who is going to be Rachel HEA...crystal clear... and I can't be more happy, cause I love him since book 1, and now even more! He has evolved alot as a character.

Oh and finally, someone veeeeeeeeeeeeery nasty (and Im not talking about Cute Socks) will have what he deserves...

We get to see how Rachel fix Trent fingers in a very sweet chapter... and since Kim said it before, I think is not a spoiler if I repeat it, there is a kiss in EA, but I'm not saying with "who". Well, in fact there are 2 kisses -grin-




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario